1) Dussehra is a Hindu festival which commemorates the victory of Lord Rama over the evil king Ravan
2) It also marks the victory of Goddess Durga over Mahishasur to protect the world from him.
3) People construct a tall effigy of Ravan to demolish on the day to mark the celebration.
4) Ramlila, a dramatic portrayal of the life of Lord Rama which attracts people on the festival.
5) Many fairs and functions organize throughout the country, which witnesses a huge crowd gathering.
6) The real festivity of this occasion appears in the evening when people from all walks attend the fair and enjoy the burning of the effigy.
7) Devotees also keep fast during the Navratri festival, which they devote to the nine incarnations of Goddess Durga.
8) Dussehra also marks the end of nine days of Navratri festival when the statues of Goddess Durga immerse in the water bodies.
9) Mysore Dussehra is one of the most famous Dussehra festivals celebrated in India.
10) Dussehra is the traditional festival which teaches us the truth, good deeds and moral values by exhibiting the power of knowledge and ethics.