By Ankit Kumar
May 19, 2023
1. Krafton has announced the return of Battle Grounds Mobile India (BGMI) after a previous ban in India
2. The Indian government has stated that the game will undergo a strict 90-day monitoring period before a final decision is made.
3. The ban was triggered by a report by a central intelligence agency and communication from the Ministry of Home Affairs to MeitY.
4. The ban was enforced for nearly 10 months, and the news of BGMI's return will undoubtedly excite the millions of mobile gamers and streamers across the country.
5. The game will be available for download soon from both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
6. BGMI has significantly contributed to building a robust esports ecosystem in India through India-centric events and content.
7. BGMI achieved a historic milestone by becoming the first esports event to be broadcasted on mainstream television, attracting 24 million concurrent viewers and a total of 200 million viewers.
8. Union Minister of State for Electronics and IT, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, announced that this is a 3-month trial approval of BGMI after it has complied with issues of server locations and data security.
9. Krafton Inc India expressed gratitude to the Indian authorities for allowing them to resume operations of BGMI.
10. Sean Hyunil Sohn, CEO of Krafton Inc India, announced the return of BGMI and expressed excitement about welcoming Indian gaming communities back to their platform.